If you're planning to sell your home in Fishers Indiana, it's never too early to begin talking to a REALTOR® about the home selling process. Selling a home in Fishers - or anywhere else in the Indianapolis area - requires (much) more planning than just putting a sign in the yard and waiting for showings to begin. So you'll want to do your homework first. Even if you're not quite ready to put your house on the market, you can begin educating yourself about the home selling process, starting with these 5 simple questions you should ask about selling your Fishers Indiana home!
- What are the costs associated with selling my home? - Selling a home costs money, from necessary repairs and updates to fees associated with closing. Your REALTOR should be able to give you a good idea of what those expenses will be.
- How will I know how much to ask for my home? - A comparative market analysis of homes currently on the market or recently sold that are similar to yours in size and location will help you and your REALTOR decide on a listing price.
- What will I need to do to get my home ready to sell? - Clean, organize, make repairs, stage if necessary. A walk through your home will give your real estate agent a good idea of what needs to be done, and they can recommend professionals to help you. And be honest about any necessary repairs or defects you are aware of. Otherwise, you'll be sorry later.
- What is your plan to market my home? - Are professional photos and a virtual tour of your home included in your REALTOR®'s listing services? Most home buyers start their search on the Internet - where can your agent quarantee your home will be found on the Internet? What about open houses? Selling a home doesn't just happen.
- What happens if my home doesn't sell? In today's real estate market, price reductions are often necessary. At what point will you and your REALTOR® consider a price reduction? And how much of a price reduction can you afford?
That's it! 5 simple questions you should definitely ask about selling your Fishers Indiana home!